"Creepy" Crime: Trying to Put Spying Eye on Ex

nbcdfw.com

A man broke into a Carrollton home on Tuesday and tried to secretly install hidden cameras to spy on his former wife and her current boyfriend, police said.

But his plan went awry when his former wife’s boyfriend returned home as he was installing the devices, said Carrollton police officer Dustin Bartram.

Pete Cuellar said he noticed a strange bag in his hallway and heard an intruder in a back room when he returned home at about noon from running errands.

"I yelled. I said, 'Who's in there?'” Cuellar said. “It got real quiet. I said, 'I'll be back in a minute.' And that's when I went out and started calling 911."

Officers arrived and arrested James Hebison, 51, of New Mexico, who was still inside Cuellar’s house.

Cuellar identified Hebison as his girlfriend’s former husband. He said they divorced about three years ago.

More...

Comments