Even the New York Times‘ Saul Hansell says it seems earnest, despite all that messiness with helping the National Security Agency warrantlessly wiretap the internet for years.
Here’s the summary of AT&T’s new company-wide policy.
* We will protect your privacy and keep your personal information safe. We use powerful encryption and other security safeguards to protect customer data.
* We will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any purpose. Period.
* We will fully disclose our privacy policies in plain language, and make our policies easily accessible to you.
* You have choices about how AT&T uses your information for marketing purposes. Customers are in control.
* We’re listening. You can send us questions or feedback on any of our privacy policies.